[scribus-dev] Preparations for GSoC

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:20:36 UTC 2011

2011/5/17 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:

> Last night I sat down and made a "dummy" table item and pushed it to
> my repo, just to see how easy/hard adding a new type of item to
> Scribus is.

Oh and I should add that while doing so, clumsy me managed to bork the
commit message, it currently reads

"Add a dummy table item

The item just draws the text "I am a table". The mode used when drag-
existing "table" implementation."

which is quite non-sensical. It was supposed to be

"Add a dummy table item

The item just draws the text "I am a table". The mode used when drag-
creating the item is called modeDrawTable2, as to not conflict with the
current tables implementation.".

I guess I must have done something wrong when commiting from inside Qt
Creator, which I'm trying to get used to. I'm usually a Vim junkie,
but trying Qt Creator out as it's quite convenient when working on a
large unknown code base.

I tried to fix up the commit message with git commit --amend and then
git push --force, but SF git server does not allow such forced commits
unless you explicitly enable it. So I'll just leave it at that and try
to not be as clumsy in the future ;)

Elvis