[scribus-dev] Case of cursor position after last char of text

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Mon Mar 21 15:16:08 CET 2011

I have problem with text undo in case when cursor is placed after last
character in story text.

Problem is in that when cursor is in this position any changes related to char
styles are not applied but undo state is created.
Scribus work in this case in other manner than other text editors.

In other text editors if you have cursor at the end of text any changes of
text attributes are applied for next upcoming text. In OO when you place
cursor in middle of the word without any selection changes are applied for
whole word.

In Scribus in that case changes are applied for one char on the right. If
cursor is at the of text there is any char on the right, so changes are not
applied. But they are not applied for upcoming chars either.

Now undo state is created and this cause crashes on undo/redo actions.
I cant avoid creation undo states in such cases, but I think we should change
Scribus behaviour in this situation.

cezaryece