[scribus-dev] svg plug-in: how to extend with text-as-text importing?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Mar 13 16:11:36 CET 2011

hi mabri,

> currently, the Scribus svg plug-in imports text as polylines.
> Therefore, I'd like to extend it to import text as text because I
> need that functionality. Firstly, is there someone already working on
> it (I don't want to duplicate work)?
> Secondly, is there a function available, accessible from plugins,
> that can create text frames in the import area (e. g. as "sub-frame")?
> Thirdly, is it feasible to do this work based on (and eventually for
> submission to) Scribus 1.4(.x) (instead of Scribus 1.5), please? If
> yes, the preceding questions are referencing the 1.4 branch, if not,
> the 1.5 branch. Thank you very much in advance.

any improvements which needs bigger changes should go into 1.5svn.

personally, if you want to work on this issue, i would suggest you to:
- add a choice to import the text as vector or as text
- start with a simple text frame from inkscape and add more and more features
- propose incremental patches by adding them to the bug tracker to simplify their review.

ciao
a.l.e