[scribus-dev] Qt Creator Users...

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:51:32 UTC 2011

2011/6/20 Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>:
> For those using Qt Creator.. 2.2 has my RFE fixed.. Tools, External,
> Sort Selection.

Ah. Neat. It's the first time I'm using Qt Creator for anything
serious. Always been a die hard Vim junkie. So far I'm really
impressed by it, though the fake Vim mode has a few quirks.

Perhaps I can take this opportunity and ask: did you (or anyone else
using Qt Creator for Scribus development) happen to have noticed these
two annoyances:

- No qDebug() output from Scribus in Program Output until program
exits. Somehow it's buffered somewhere and only flushed to the Program
Output window once Scribus exits. I have to use "Run from Terminal" to
get output to show directly.
- When trying to use "konsole -e" instead of "xterm -e" as the
configured terminal emulator, Konsole won't even start up Scribus. It
just shows an empty Konsole window and nothing happens.

Apart from those two, I'm really warming up to Qt Creator.

> Now there are no more excuses for having #include lists or CMake file
> lists or other things out of order when they don't need some special order.

I'll make sure to follow this rule. I've tried as much as possible to
do so until now.

Cheers,
Elvis