[scribus-dev] Tables GSoC - Weekly Report #2

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:26:52 UTC 2011

2011/6/13 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> 2011/6/13 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:
>> Hi Jain,
>>
>> 2011/6/13 Jain Basil Aliyas <jainbasil at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Estan,
>>>
>>> While trying to push my changes, I had to perform a git pull first. This
>>> pulled some changes, like scribus/tests etc. Now, I am unable to build the
>>> code.
>>
>> Right, I'm really sorry about that. It's me who wrongly turned on
>> building of tests, even when the CMake variable WITH_TESTS is not
>> defined, and there were some old tests by avox in there who doesn't
>> compile.
>>
>> I've fixed this in my branch, but until that reaches your branch by
>> the next merge by malex, you can just remove line 11 in
>> scribus/CMakeLists.txt:
>>
>> ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(tests)
>
> malex just reminded me that what you could actually just add my repo
> as a remote and cherry-pick my fix straight from there if you want. I
> think it would go something like (untested):
>
> git add remote add gsoc11tables
> git://scribus.git.sourceforge.net/scribus/gsoc11tables

s/add//1

Should read what I write before pressing "Send" ;)

But actually maybe you have to run some more command before
cherry-picking the commits, I'm not sure as I'm not so good with Git.
Otherwise the solution in my first reply will work.

Elvis

> and then cherry pick the three commits where I made a proper fix with
>
> git cherry-pick 4127a39b09c5935a5fd0d68447035936f65fcfac
> git cherry-pick 31d94fce0665c6df20276e1db91f57db3802d58c
> git cherry-pick 0f6cef7b98a6b3ab793b4e764955bb171e3f7953
>
> One of the perks with git ;)
>
> Elvis
>

>> and you should be able to build again.
>>
>> I think malex tried to fix it in both our repos in commit
>> 58a9420d133b82c59c6806a2f8a28d075327c512 by not including index.h, but
>> that's not enough since there was code depending on this missing file.
>> The above should let you compile again though (I have proper fixes for
>> compilation in my branch, so that building with WITH_TEST defined will
>> compile again).
>>
>> Again, sorry for the inconvenience!
>>
>> Elvis
>>
>>> Error Log:
>>> [ 78%] Built target Scribus
>>> [ 78%] Built target cellareatests
>>> [ 78%] Building CXX object
>>> scribus/tests/CMakeFiles/scribus_tests_lib.dir/testIndex.cpp.o
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp: In
>>> member function ‘void TestIndex::empty()’:
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:27:
>>> error: ‘Index’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:27:
>>> error: expected `;' before ‘idx’
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:28:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:29:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:30:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:31:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:32:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:33:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp: In
>>> member function ‘void TestIndex::add()’:
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:39:
>>> error: ‘Index’ was not declared in this scope
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:39:
>>> error: expected `;' before ‘idx’
>>> /Users/jain/Projects/gsoc11scripter/Scribus/scribus/tests/testIndex.cpp:40:
>>> error: ‘idx’ was not declared in this scope
>>> make[2]: ***
>>> [scribus/tests/CMakeFiles/scribus_tests_lib.dir/testIndex.cpp.o] Error 1