[scribus-dev] GSoC 2011, Report

Jain Basil Aliyas jainbasil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:39:14 UTC 2011

Hello,

It's already time to file the midterm evaluation reports of GSoC 2011!. I'd
like to mention the progress of my project so far through this email, and
the attached api graph image.

I've been working on Scripter2 for Scribus, and till now, I've ported almost
all the functions available in old scripter into the new one. I'm not
planning to explain each and every functions which I implemented, since it'd
be boring to read on it!.

Please look at this wiki page, where I've added the details of functions
added : http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scripter2_API
Also, please have a look at the image (
https://github.com/jainbasil/scripterapi-graph/blob/master/api.png) , which
will provide you with a clear idea how to reach each functions. I will be
adding detailed documentations for each functions in the same wiki page I
mentioned earlier.

What's remaining in project ?

1. Printer and PDF commands to be implemented (ref:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=scripterapi-Printer)
2. Refactoring of Object API (like naming conventions[todo: rename objects
to items], returning actual object than returning their name etc. are to be
done.)
3. Much more meaningful error messages. (scripter now avoids some things
silently by choosing default value. This should be corrected.)
4. Feature requests in Mantis bugtracker.

I am preparing the API graph using dot, and the code for the same is
maintained in this repository :
https://github.com/jainbasil/scripterapi-graph

It is really great working with ale for this project, he help me the work
regarding what to be implemented & how it should be!. The feature requested
he added in mantis is a best example for this. :)

Thanks & Regards,

Jain Basil Aliyas

--
*jain basil aliyas.*