[scribus-dev] The handleSelectionChanged() thing again

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:59:10 UTC 2011

2011/7/12 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:
> Good morning,

<snip>

> This is what I'm trying to work around now in the best way possible.

I guess that the best solution right now would be something like

PropertiesPalette_Table::startEdit() { m_inEdit = true; }
PropertiesPalette_Table::endEdit() { m_inEdit = false; }
PropertiesPalette_Table::inEdit() { return m_inEdit; }
PropertiesPalette_Table::handleSelectionChanged()
{
    if (inEdit())
        return;
    // Update all controls et.c.
}
PropertiesPalette_Table::handleSomePropertyChange()
{
    startEdit();
    m_item->setSomeProperty();
    m_item->update();
    endEdit();
}

But is update() blocking enough for that or could endEdit() possibly
be called before handleSelectionChanged()?

Elvis