[scribus-dev] desing of text formatting

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Wed Jul 6 08:27:55 UTC 2011

Hello
Maybe you know I am working on better formatting patch.
It is much more complicated task I thought starting my work, but things seems
to be solved and work is near the end more and more each day.
But I am in point where I must ask you about design of text formatting,
because I am not sure what is good or what is better ;-)

How text should be formatted when:

1. some glyph (for simplicity only one for now) is enlarged so it overlaps
glyphs from previous or/and next line?
a) nothing special, let it overlap glyphs from other lines
b) line with that glyph should be shifted down for avoid overlapping glyphs
from previous line and next line should be shifted if glyph descent overlap
c) like b) but only when Automatic Line Spacing is used in that paragraph
d) line should break before such glyph, next line should start with it with
proper line spacing for glyph`s parameters

2. some glyph is shifted or scaled so it overlaps glyphs from previous or/and
next line?
a) nothing special, let it overlap glyphs from other lines
b) line with that glyph should be shifted down for avoid overlapping glyphs
from previous line and next line should be shifted if glyph descent overlap
c) like b) but only when Automatic Line Spacing is used in that paragraph
d) line should break before such glyph, next line should start with it with
proper line spacing for glyph`s parameters

Please... answer for that questions.

Cezaryece