[scribus-dev] Handling *all* keystrokes in canvas modes not possible?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:57:46 UTC 2011

Good day,

So I just did some experimentation, and I'm able to handle keyboard
input in my table editing canvas mode and utilize the existing
PageItem_TextFrame::handleModeEditKey(..) implementation, directly
making things like arrow key navigation, backspace et.c. possible,
which is good.

However, some keys are bound to global menu shortcuts and such, and
will not reach the canvas modes.

For editing of regular text frames, the call to handleModeEditKey(..)
occurs higher up, in ScribusMainWindow::keyPressEvent(..), not going
through the canvas modes at all. This is how it's able to handle all
keypresses.

I guess I'll have to do something similar.

I noticed:

//AV -> CanvasMode
void ScribusMainWindow::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent *k)

I guess "AV" is you avox? Does the comment mean that there's more work
to be done here on CanvasMode-ifying the code, or was the comment just
left as a "I was here" kind of comment?

Cheers,
Elvis