[scribus-dev] Tables GSoC - Weekly Report #10

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Tue Aug 9 22:40:51 UTC 2011

On 8/9/11 9:39 PM, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think you're all pretty much up to date with what I've been doing,
> but here's a short report [1] for week #10 of the project.
>
> I'm also including a little screencast showing some of the new
> features. Some of it you've probably seen before through my blog or
> through IRC pastes.
>
> https://www.strongspace.com/estan/public/gsoc2011/week10_screencast_cell_content.webm

This is pretty amazing stuff. To think a few days ago we had no content
in cells at all. Impressive. Of course those that missed the previous
selection video missed a treat too.

> This means I'll try to do as many of the following tasks as possible,
> in order of priority:
>
> * Basic cell text editing.
> * Context menu.
> * PP UI.
> * SM UI.
> * Saving / Loading.
> * Painting for print output.

I'll try to be online as much as possible.. but I think you will get there.

One thing to try to avoid or make nice will be the click count to get
into text edit mode on the cells..
ie.. I'd like a double click on the table to get into edit mode on the
clicked cell, I think that fits with other editors (excluding a direct
edit app-wide mode which we will add in the future). Triple click is a
hassle, ie.. click to select, click to get a cell, click to edit. bleagh.

12 days to coding stops for the project, ie, that's when evaluation
starts. Just a reminder..
_http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/codeguidelines_

So far, very successful.

thanks