[scribus-dev] Overflowing problem

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:33:09 UTC 2011

2011/8/9 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> If _anyone_ has a good idea on why this might be happinging, I'm idle
> ears. Because frankly I'm running out of ideas here :/

So after having spent hours in the debugger and finally resorting to
singlestepping through the ~1300 line monster that is
PageItem_TextFrame::layout(), I've finally solved the mystery.

Turns out the clip rect (PageItem::Clip) wasn't set correctly and I
simply needed to call updateClip() on the frame after resizing it.

Almost a days work and one line fix to show for it, but such is life
sometimes. Thanks also go to Craig who at an early stage suggested
that some of the clip data might be stale. Should have listened more
carefully and investigated that more thoroughly ;)

Cheers,
Elvis