[scribus-dev] Couple of questions

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 06:16:50 UTC 2011

Good morning all,

Adding snap to guides and have a couple of questions:

1) I can't see them! :) For some reason, neither grids nor guides are
visible for me, even with "Show Grid" and "Show Guides" enabled.
Anyone else having this problem?

2) I noticed that ScribusDoc::ApplyGuides(double *, double*) is not
exact, but will bring the passed in coordinates "very close" to the
guide. This is what resulted in e.g. #8099. That one was fixed by
rounding after the call to ApplyGuides(...) (see
LineMove::AdjustBounds(...) in canvasgesture_linemove.cpp). Should I
do the same? At the moment I have the same problem as in that bug
report; there's a little "wiggle room" when snapping to guides.
Rounding feels like an improper fix though. Shouldn't ApplyGuides(...)
do this for me?

Cheers,
Elvis