[scribus-dev] GSoC 2011 - Improvements to ScripterNG in Scribus
ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Apr 4 22:45:10 CEST 2011
here some notes i took concerning a scripter 2 gsoc project.
it's not about covering all of them, but about having some ideas on top of which to build a gsoc project!
- porting the full scripter 1 API to the scripter 2
- implement a doc site like the one for PHP
(take as an example http://php.net/manual/en/function.in-array.php)
- the basic description of each command is managed through a svn server
- the commands are stored in the database and can be used to complete the "official" description
- the software for doing it is free and downloadable
(imo, this form of documentation is one of the main reasons for the success of php)
- enhance the API to enable a content synchronization with a wiki
- enhance the API to enable some sort of imposition
- enhance the API to enable some simple mail-merging
- document how ne commands can be added (i've written some articles on how to do it for scripter 1)
- document the steps for adding the support for further scripting languages.
voilà, and now it's time to go to bed!
More information about the scribus-dev