[scribus-dev] merging a collaborative book

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Nov 12 22:30:42 CET 2010

hi greg,

> > a sample of the issues i got aware yesterday evening and this
> > morning:
> >
> > - the moving-guides-bug is still not fully fixed.
> AFAICT, this is the only bug, the rest are feature requests.
>
> > - keep links between text frames when importing pages
> understandable, but needs to be fleshed out by various use-case
> scenarios to decide how it will work.

what? if you import two pages from another file and the text frames in that page are a full set of linked frames, they should be linked also in the imported page. there is no exception.

if it does not work that way, it's a bug.

what could be trickier is importing page 2 to 3, when the spread goes from 1 to 4. this may be made possible if the feature request below can be implemented.

> > - separate two linked text frames by keeping the text in the two
> > frames
> this seems a not very common sort of need. Why not just go to Edit
> Contents mode, highlight and copy the content of frame #2 (realizing
> that Ctrl+A copies the entire linked text, not just that in a
> particular frame), unlink, then paste to frame #2?

as i said: i can look for workarounds or give good descriptions for bug reports and small feature.

> > - shortcuts for styles
> I guess you mean keyboard shortcuts? or some other shortcuts?

keyboard.

i repeat myself: thereare two ways for me to work now: look for workarounds and i will spend much time in redundant tasks.
or invest the time in writing bug report and hope that the bugs can be fixed fast / the smaller features can be implemented fast.

i can't do both, since i have limited time at my disposal for finishing this project.

it's the one way or the other...

ciao
a.l.e