[scribus-dev] Who is going to kill the style dialog ?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Nov 1 08:07:17 CET 2010

ciao louis,

> And this is exaclty why I say that in this particular case of styles
> we should not need any further interface than the one we already have
> in front of us: the actual page! Why an extra dialog is beyond me.

it may be a good idea... but also a horrible one...

on the one side it's nice to be 100% free in our actions, on the other side i fear that we need some control on which formatting make it in the style definition and we probably also need an overview and fine tweaking.

but the idea is not bad at all:

- right click on a paragraph and define a paragraph from its formatting

- right click on the paragraph and get a list of the differences against the current style. you can accept or reject each of them and patch the paragraph style

- open the style dialog and you can check and fine tune it

- this should be true for each type of style (char, line, frame, ...)

- each style editor is a separate window (no style manager anymore!)

let's have a dream...

ciao
a.l.e