[scribus-dev] Who is going to kill the style dialog ?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Nov 1 07:44:32 CET 2010

hi greg,

> The separations of various settings for Paragraph and Character
> styles may make some sense, but since a Character style is a subset
> of a Paragraph style, you should be able to see all these settings
> when you work with a Paragraph style, rather than needing to jump
> between tabs in the dialog. Maybe the answer might an expanded or
> unexpanded sort of layout.

i'd rather have to different managers: one for the paragraph styles (where you could "bind" a character style through a drop down box) and one for the character styles.

if we manage to make them non modal (as it is now) and we can dock them to another, we may even be able to edit them in parallel...

but, please, let's first focus on the important things, then open a new topic... and finally ask some UI/interaction wizards what they think about it

ciao
a.l.e