[scribus-dev] Announcement: Scribus 1.3.6 released

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Mar 22 00:56:52 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

Am Montag, 22. März 2010 00:35:24 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On 3/22/10, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> > - New Scripter functions
>
> What are they?

Go to http://bugs.scribus.net/view_all_bug_page.php and filter by
category "Scripter."

> > - Usability improvements
>
> Which?

Mostly polishing of existing features, nothing worth mentioning in detail.

> > - Translation updates
>
> For what languages?

Go to http://bugs.scribus.net/view_all_bug_page.php and filter by
category "Translation."

> > - More colour palettes
>
> The *presumably* new files are:
>
> - BS_381C.xml - what is it? the hint in the end mentions British
> Standards, but that's about it.
> - BS_4800.xml - what is it? same as above

British national standard colours as defined by the BSI.

> - CrayonTM.xml - okay with that
> - Japanese_Traditional.xml - the .txt file more or less explains what
> it is, thanks
> - JIS.xml -- another mistery

The Japanese national colour standard.

> - NBS-IBCC_Colours.xml - the hint covers contents, thanks
>
> I do appreciate your work, but hunting down for details is rather
> tedious. Could we please prepare release notes the Inkscape way in the
> future?

This was an announcement that will also be used by the press, not release
notes or a change log. Journalists have a hard time reading release notes
that list everything and take 30+ pages if printed out.

Cheers,

Christoph