[scribus-dev] [scribus] import InDesign files?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 00:50:11 CET 2010

On 3/5/10, Franz Schmid wrote:

>>> Does Scribus import InDesign 2 files, or any InDesign files?
>>
>> If the only problem is no spec on .indd and a reverse engineered one
>> would work for you, just say a word.
>
> yep, the only problem is indeed missing specs. A reverse
> engineered one which good description would at least
> provide the initial informations to start coding an
> importer.

Okay, after we're done with Photoshop stuff [1], next will be .indd.
In the mean time, if you are interested, spec on Photoshop's gradients
is pretty complete [2], just a couple of not quite important entries
are not figured out.

[1] I guess we could additionally r-e Transfer Function (ATF) files
that are basically duotone curves that should map to Scribus's
duo/tri/quadrotone effect nicely, but I really don't know if anyone
ever used those. It looks quite geeky even to me. Let me know.

[2] http://github.com/prokoudine/re-lab/blob/master/photoshop/grd/grd-spec.htm

Alexandre