[scribus-dev] TO THE DEVS — DECISION ABOUT LGM 2011

mrdocs mrdocs at scribus.info
Tue Jun 29 23:00:01 CEST 2010

Hi Louis,

I am not answering for the team, but some info where we are:

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 15:28:14 Louis Desjardins wrote:
> TO THE DEVS.
>
> Hi guys,
>
> In the light of the proposed Guidelines for Organising LGM
> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011
> it would be great to know, as a team, if :
>
> a) You have enough information to make a call on the proposed LGM venues
> for 2011? if not, what are you missing?

I think there is enough. We know Brazil has done their own LGM. Montreal has
always been a success and Vietnam looks intriguing.

Personally, I will vote for Vietnam, but I have been there and I have a
personal bias. :)

> b) You had enough time for a round of internal discussions to see whether a
> significant portion of your team will make it to any of the 3 possible
> venues? If not, how much time would you like to have for such a round
> before making it a team decision?

We are doing that now!

> c) You are in the end satisfied by the process? if not please give some
> hints on how to improve this process.
No issues there personally. It is transparent and open.

> d) You are ready to make your call about the venues? if yes, please make it
> now, if not please tell us when, and maybe why!

Soon. By end of the week I would say.

> Parallel questions:
> e) Do you think the guidelines are helpful? if not, are they useless? can
> we improve them or should we simply remove the code?
> f) What do you think of the bidding process? Should we keep it as it is, a
> one-year process? or should we make it a two-year process? And do you think
> again you have enough information to make a real choice? Please explain.

For another mail I think.