[scribus-dev] persistent charstyle editing

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 21 02:03:01 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010 16:59:55 schrieb Andreas Vox:
> Hi!
>
> Attached is a small patch that will make charstyles persistent even if
> the text is deleted. It works by storing charstyle changes in the
> paragraph each time a charstyle is applied to a whole paragraph.
>
> Christoph, please test and tell if here any (new) problems with this.
>
> Patch is against 1.5 but should work on 1.3.7 as well.
>
> /Andreas

Thanks, Andreas! The patch seems to work fine ... for new documents, but not
for older (1.3.5+) ones, even if they have been re-saved in 1.3.8svn. I have
no idea if and how this can be resolved.

As for your concern that character styles in ODT files could become paragraph
styles: it didn't happen. However, I discovered another import bug that
already existed in 1.3.3.x: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9192

Christoph