[scribus-dev] Is it possible to make port to Syllable?

alessandro rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jun 2 22:29:38 CEST 2010

hi rohan,

it's sunday and i dare being a bit provocative/impertinent :-)

Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> Rohan wrote:
> > I have one question. Most probably I will get negative answer. Is
> > it possible to make port of scribus to Syllable? I inderstand that
> > it would need a lot of work with rewriting it to native Syllable
> > API, which is even so reach, but it's another API ...
>
> If there is a Qt4 port for Syllable, it might not be too bad a job.
> A quick search does not reveal a Qt4 port to syllable, but that's only
> 20 seconds on google...

well, i don't know if you are a rohan developper, but if you are really brave, you would enormously help scribus in porting it to syllable!

it's a project no current developper of scribus would even think about starting (as craig correctly stated) but imho but
- for some of the goals in the long future piplein, the gui has to be separated from the core code
- once you have separated the gui from the "scribus" engine