[scribus-dev] PortableApps.com distribution of Scribus

Gord Caswell ve4jhj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:12:38 CET 2010

As requested yesterday in IRC, here's information on how to get a
distribution together in PortableApps.com format:

   - Take a regshot of the development system.
   - Install Ghostscript & current distribution of Scribus
   - Run Scribus & Close
   - Take a second regshot
   - Based on the information provided in the regshot, prepare the files
   following the PortableApps.com format found here:
   http://portableapps.com/development/portableapps.com_format
   - Once setup in the correct format, use the PortableApps.com Universal
   Launcher to prepare a launcher for Scribus:
   http://portableapps.com/node/22364
   - Compact the files in the "App" directory using the PortableApps.com App
   compactor: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/appcompactor
   - Run the installer on the ScribusPortable directory:
   http://portableapps.com/apps/development/portableapps.com_installer
   - Upload to Sourceforge, and make the distribution available.

Please note that I am willing to maintain this distribution, although if the
Scribus team wishes to release it themselves, that's perfectly ok with me.

Gord Caswell
https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribusportable/
http://portableapps.com/node/22525