[scribus-dev] Scribus 10th anniversary and Scribus Beginner's Guide

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Dec 8 02:23:25 CET 2010

Dear Scribus users,

How time flies ... Yesterday evening Franz mentioned in passing that he
started writing Scribus exactly ten years ago, and as we all know, his baby is
no longer a baby and has grown considerably. Peter will publish some memories
of the early days of Scribus development on our developer blog
(rants.scribus.net) tomorrow.

While we all certainly wished that 1.4 would have been released on this
occasion, this will have to wait a few weeks or months longer. In the meantime
I have a smaller birthday present for the subscribers of this list. The
British publisher Packt Publishing has just released an English version of
Cedric Gemy's Scribus Beginner's Guide
(https://www.packtpub.com/scribus-1-3-5-beginners-guide/book), which covers
Scribus 1.3.5 and hence 1.3.6--1.4+ as well. The book is available in print
and as an eBook. As some of you know, Cedric is a long-term contributor to
Scribus and an experienced lecturer on graphics design at various French
universities.

Subscribers to the Scribus mailing list are being offered a 20% discount off
the book price. To buy the book at the reduced price, you need a Packt account
and insert a password, which is SCRIBG20 (case sensitive), to the shopping
cart.

As for the rest of you who don't need a Scribus book, open a bottle of
champagne and celebrate with us.

Cheers,

Christoph