[scribus-dev] visual update for 1.4

David Bolack dbolack at electricmulch.com
Mon Dec 6 16:09:14 CET 2010

On 12/06/2010 06:58 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> As if design was done by programmers.

Design is done by whomever does the design.
Changes to the design may require underpinning changes that require
coding - no mater who does the mockups, icons, etc. There are always
unintended consequences of visual redesign you ned to factor into effect.

Regardless of who does so, a milestone is a milestone. You need a
delivery target.

> We are going to live with 1.4 quite long. I can feel it in my water.
> The whole history of Scribus tells me I'm right. So I fail to see how
> improving visual look of what we are going to recommend as stable
> version is going to be baaaad, especially neither you nor anybody else
> in the team is going to work on that design.

That, sir, is a huge presumption.