[scribus-dev] issues

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:07:27 CET 2010

On 12/2/10, Craig Bradney wrote:

> I only said to malex 2 days ago that it didn't seem like he had enough
> time to sort the new website (not at all his fault), so we should have a
> competition of sorts. Can you help us with that? This is to replace the
> utterly useless www.scribus.net (useless in every way, especially that
> stupid downloads section). I personally feel that Ubuntu's home page is
> a good one to copy, and I wouldn't mind a very nice looking but static
> page (ok, it coul read some news from an updatable text file or
> similar). I think also, none of us have an interest in writing or
> maintaining web pages... if someone, yourself, or others want to, then
> excellent! I *hate* CMS.. if someone wants to maintain one.. great.. but
> static with some php includes or processing is easy, and can be in svn.

"No CMS" actually can work. Jimmac did a start on new GIMP's website
after last LGM. It's HTML5 + JavaScript which means it's static (and
therefore more difficult to hack), but easily updatable and can have
an RSS feed. I'm not sure what status this project currently has, I
can ask.

> Whatever you want to do.. don't rant.. come and help.. we would all
> appreciate it.

Well, I tried everything else. There were only two ways left: ranting
or shutting up and moving on. Shutting up has never been an option to
me.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org