[scribus-dev] The Scribus bugs and features Hit Parade

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Dec 1 22:15:49 CET 2010

Cari amici vicini e lontani,

# The top ten of the small bugs or features

The first issue of the Hit Parade has inspired a couple of emails raising some issues, other emails with encouraging workds and -- the most important thing -- has lead to some small breakthroughs in the Scribus code!

But let's first look to the future: here comes the Hit Parades for this
week. Further down, you will find some notes and comments.

								Weeks
1	Get dead keys to work across all systems (#1908)	2
	(2 weeks at the first place / Work in progress)
2	Fix the growth of the contour line (#9392)		2
	(2 week at the second place)
3	In 1.4 disable undo command while editing text (#3301)	2
	(2 week at the third place / Work in progress)
4	Simplify the growth of the contour line (#8275)		2
5	Avoid copy of copy of copy of style (#7779)		1
6	Transform the unlink tool in a unlink command (#9545)	2
7	Allow unlinking without reflowing the text (#5750)	2
8	Don't silently discard bad fonts, but show them as non
	selectable (#9546)					2
9	Flow around groups (#9065)				2
0	Test and comment the patch for style based TOC (#8796)	2
	(the 0th bug is choose on the first page
	of bugs.scribus,net)

# The top three big bug or features needed

1.  Undo for text (2 weeks)
2.  Replace Scripter by Scripter 2 (2 weeks)
3.  Implement a new Style Manager / Editor (1 week)

# Some comments

Let's start with the good news:

*   One bug has been resolved: now the guides don't get scrambled any more!
*   Cezary has started to work on a workaround for the lack of Undo while editing text. He has some working code, but it has to be cleaned up a bit and has to take care of some performance issues. Hands up for Cezary!
*   Andreas has announced that he has a patch for the dead keys issue: it has already been commited to the OIF branch. As soon as we have some feedback that it works, we will have to look for a new number one in our Hit Parade!

And now, some notes about the Hit Parade hitself:

*   We have attached a reference to the bug tracker for each entry in the Hit Parade.
*   You can see the Hit Parade as an HTML table here:
    http://www.graphicslab.org/index.php?n=Scribus.HitParade
    The page is not ready for prime time, yet (and was even less pleasant to view last week...) but, if you want to have a look you can.
*   We want to add a third list which would be fully controlled by the
  community (proposing bugs / features, voting on them) but it will
  take time

Ciao
a.l.e