[scribus-dev] online docs

OM malex at scribus.info
Tue Sep 8 23:52:24 CEST 2009

* Christoph Sch�fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> [2009-09-08 12:11:42 +0200]:

> Am Dienstag, 8. September 2009 11:47:06 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM, a.l.e wrote:
> > > afaik, due to the license choosen, it's not possible to include the
> > > scribus official doc in debian and in other radical free distributions...
> > > i would be happy if somebody can prove me wrong on this.
> >
> > Was the matter actually raised by Debian team?
>
> Yes, because the documentation is under the FDL, which is considered non-free
> by Debian.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

Christoph,

Scribus documentation is actually under OPL v1.0, which is, non-free as the
debian-legal discussion of it that I initiated a long time ago showed. FDL is
actually a DFSG-free license and would be acceptable for Debian/main.

"http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=doccopyright

....This material may be distributed only subject to the terms and conditions
set forth in the Open Publication License, v1.0 or later (the latest version
is presently available at http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/).)

Regards,

Alex