[scribus-dev] How to use PyQt4 in Scribus extension Script

Lei, Bin (TSG-GDCC-SH-R&D) lei.bin at hp.com
Wed May 20 07:48:12 CEST 2009

Hi:
  I want to use PyQt4 in Scribus extension Script.

  1. When i run the most simply code using PyQt4 as below, the scripter always say no module named qt (PyQt4)
           #!/usr/bin/env python
          import sys
          from PyQt4.QtGui import *
         app = QApplication(sys.argv)
         button = QPushButton("Hello World", None)
         button.show()
         app.exec_()

  2. In Scribus Install directory lib\site-packages, no PyQt4 library found.

  3.  I have installed the Python, Sip and PyQt4, but have no idea how to install them in Scribus?

  4. I works on window xp, scribus1.3.5(svn), python2.5

  Can PyQt4 be used in Scribus Script?

Lei Bin (Bobby)

Global Delivery China Center (GDCC)

EDS, A HP Company