[scribus-dev] Locale-dependent uses of QString::toDouble that needs fixing

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sun May 10 01:50:32 CEST 2009

On 09/05/2009, at 7:14 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On 09/05/2009, at 1:38 AM, Jean Ghali wrote:
>
>> Andreas Vox a écrit :
>>> Hi Team,
>>>
>>> suspicious uses of toDouble can be found in these files:
>>>
>>> fileloader.cpp (readParagraphStyle())
>>> gtaction.cpp (colors)
>>> guidemanagercore.cpp (GuidemanagerIO)
>>> importai.cpp (processGradientData())
>>> importps.cpp
>>> oodrawimp.cpp
>>> pdfoptionsio.cpp
>>> prefscontext.cpp (PrefsContext::getDouble())
>>> prefsmanager.cpp
>>> pslib.cpp (!!)
>>> desaxe/saxiohelper.cpp
>>> scpreview.cpp
>>> scribus12format.cpp
>>> scribus13format.cpp
>>> scribus134format.cpp
>>> scribusview.cpp (PasteItem())
>>> scribusxml.cpp
>>> stencilreader.cpp
>>> stylereader.cpp
>>> stylestack.cpp
>>> svgplugin.cpp
>>> undostate.cpp (this uses QString::arg() and QString::toDouble()
>>> consistently, so it should work if the locale isnt changed)
>>>

>> I've already taken care of pdfoptionsio.cpp, prefscontext.cpp,
>> prefsmanager.cpp and svgplugin.cpp. I'm gonna check the code before
>> committing. I've also a patch for undostate.cpp, for quite some time
>> even, which solves the problem but in a different way. That patch
>> make
>> undostate store values in QVariants instead of QStrings.
>

> I've committed the scribusxml.cpp, and importps.cpp changes last
> night..
>

> mrdocs we should wait on the RC tagging as I expect we will get this
> one sorted soon.

We need to update the writing of xml to file for doubles now too...

Maybe we will finish this tomorrow....