[scribus-dev] access members of a group?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 12 13:30:48 CET 2009

gh wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I am new to scribus and playing around with the scripter. I am trying
> to write a script that will operate on members of a group of objects.
> For example, I might want to step through each object and increment a
> color setting, some text, etc.
>
> Although I can group or ungroup a list of objects, I cant figure out
> how to access each member in the group.
>
> Seems like a pretty basic thing to do, am I missing something?
The first thing I would say is that this kind of question is best placed
on the regular scribus list, rather than scribus-dev.

No, there is no way to identify groups of objects. Since you must have a
list of objects when you make a group, keeping track of a list of names
of objects is really a function of Python itself.

It's hard to know what you're doing, but from the sound of it, I imagine
this is going to be much easier to do with the main GUI interface,
rather than writing scripts for it. You might do well to familiarize
yourself with Scribus to see how easy things like this can be. The
Properties palette is a wonderful tool.