[scribus-dev] scribus compilation error

ajay kumar ajaykumar25182 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 07:39:55 CEST 2009

Dear a.l.e,
         may I want to know that what is the use of boost library in
scribus. i am saying that all the requred library installd on my computer.
now i am not able to understand that what is i am missing in this
application which is run successfully. error's list is below : -

Makefile:9356: warning: overriding commands for target `contentreader.o'
Makefile:9217: warning: ignoring old commands for target `contentreader.o'
Makefile:9384: warning: overriding commands for target `stylereader.o'
Makefile:9288: warning: ignoring old commands for target `stylereader.o'
g++ -c -pipe -DQWS -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SHARED
-I/r oot/qt-embedded-free-3.3.4/mkspecs/default -I. -I. -Itext
-Iplugins/svgimplugin -Iplugins/psimport -Iplugins/fileloader/oodraw
-Iplugins -Ilibart -Ipixbuf -Iplu gins/barcodegenerator -Iplugins/colorwheel
-Iplugins/fontpreview -Iplugins/myplu gin -Iplugins/newfromtemplateplugin
-Iplugins/pixmapexport -Iplugins/saveastempl ateplugin
-Iplugins/scriptplugin -Iplugins/short-words -Iplugins/svgexplugin -Ip
lugins/fileloader/oldscribusformat -Iplugins/gettext/csvim
-Iplugins/gettext/doc im -Iplugins/gettext/htmlim -Iplugins/gettext/odtim
-Iplugins/gettext/pdbim -Ipl ugins/gettext/sxwim
-Iplugins/gettext/textfilter -Iplugins/gettext/txtim -I/root
/qt-embedded-free-3.3.4/include -o scripter2_base.o
plugins/scriptplugin/scripte r2/scripter2_base.cpp
plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:11: error: `boost' has not
bee n declared
plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:11: error: `python' is not
a n amespace-name
plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:11: error: expected
namespace- name before ';' token
plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:42: error: expected
constructo r, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp: In function `void
scripter2_i nit()':
plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:85: error: `initscribus2'
was not declared in this scope
make: *** [scripter2_base.o] Error 1

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> a.l.e wrote:
> > dear ajay,
> >>           I have already installd python 2.6 library & boost-1_33_1 or
> >> boost-1_38,
> >>           boost_1_39_0. but the my problam is same. now i am not
> >> understand
> >> that what type of "dev" packages for python    and boost libraries i am
> >> missing can u give me any link for download python library & boost
> >> library.
> >>

> > in debian and ubuntu you have to install python-dev and (i guess)
> > boost-dev, too
> >
> > i guess that red hat and suse have -devel packages.
>

> I would also suggest that if you want to develop anything useful, to use
> either 1.3.5 or 1.5.0 from svn, not 1.3.3.x
>
> Craig

Thanks & Regard's
Ajay kumar
9650682124