[scribus-dev] macosx build

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sun Feb 15 15:49:27 CET 2009

On Feb 15, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Petr Vanek wrote:

> hi all,
>
> heh, we are proud owners of older macbook at home now. And I'd like
> to test some 135svn issues on it.
>
> Are there any fresh docs (related to 135svn):
> a) how to build it? Informations in the official documentation are
> related to 133x and it looks like it requires macports (are macports
> safe to base system? It reminds me Linux's Checkinstall a bit :/ )
> b) how to make distro package (bundle?)? There are some a little bit
> cryptic scripts in svn...
>
> cheers and sorry for my mac stupidity,
> petr

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS/SVN_sources_on_Mac_OS_X/Aqua
  is the page to start with.

You can use the Qt from TT/Nokia as per that page, or you can use Qt4
from macports like I do now, you may have to hack cmake to find the
qt4-mac port's binaries. easy enough.

my cmake line for building pure intel is like:

cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="i386" -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -
DWANT_UNIVERSAL_BUNDLE=0 -DWANT_QTARTHUR=1 -DWANT_DEBUG=1 -
DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/Users/craig/Applications/ScribusIntel.app/
Contents/ ../trunk/Scribus/