[scribus-dev] LGM and development opportunities

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:19:53 CET 2009

Hi all,

This is an exploratory email for all teams participating at LGM. There are
more questions than answers and everything is in discussion at present time.
In the end we need the input of each team. Here's the punch!

I had a very productive discussion with René Barsalo at the SAT on Monday
about next LGM. Summary:

For next LGM we could have at least two projects working a full day at SAT:
Blender and Hugin. The SAT immersive projection equipment would be available
to both teams for direct work, hacking, presentations, etc.. Starting at
11:00 the day would be followed by a LGM "5 to 7" where all the teams would
gather for a beer.

So far we have thought of Thursday to be that day. So, second day of LGM.

We need to know if this would appeal to the development teams of Hugin and
Blender.

Although I trust this event can only add to the interest of LGM, and also
noting that this is in no way competing with Polytechnique's facilities —
only a big plus to have the SAT in Montreal and to have LGM in Montreal... I
think we need to find out if there are any objection to this proposal.

I ask Blender and Hugin people to step in. Guys! Tell us what you think. To
all other, please do the same! Speak up!

Cheers!

Louis
LGM 2009 main organiser
Montréal GMT -5