[scribus-dev] working with PoDoFo Trunk

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Tue Aug 11 01:27:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

As you may know, PoDoFo’s moving fast these times, so fast that half the times
I need to change something here to get Scribus builds against PoDoFo’s Trunk.
The problem is pdf_long has been introduced without any version increment, but
at least it was a #define -- was ugly but it allowed to check its presence--,
etc. Problem is the prototype of Pdfstream::GetCopy changes on a regular basis
and I must change the same 3 calls ever and ever. So I decided to replace it
with the more stable PdfStream::GetFilteredCopy. There are 2 issues I want you
to consider before committing:

- Sometimes we can imagine that PoDoFo will fail to decode a stream and thus
prevent to embed the PDF page
*I think it’s not bad as it means that the PdfAnalyzer would have fail either
to check the content of the stream.*

- The content stream is reintroduced always compressed by zlib (/FlateDecode)
even if not optimal
*Well, I don’t know how much it’s an issue in fact. At least it works!*

The diff compiles (but  not with AI Importer (didn’t have time to write the
same code there)) but he’s rather here to let you see how it works tho.

--
Pierre Marchand
http://www.oep-h.com