[scribus-dev] (forw) [murrie22 at bigpond.com: [Contact Us] Larger toool icons]

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 23 23:50:59 CEST 2009

OM wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from OM <murrie22 at bigpond.com> -----
>

>> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:37:17 +0200
>> From: OM <murrie22 at bigpond.com>
>> To: malex at scribus.info
>> Subject: [Contact Us] Larger toool icons
>>
>> Murrie Allen sent a message using the contact form at
>> http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>>
>> Linux Ubuntu 9.04. Scribus 1.3.5
>>
>>   I have a 30" monitor running at 2560x1600 and the tool icons across the top
>> of the screen are way to small.  Is there a way of making them larger, as
>> they are very hard to distinguish properly,  Everything else look very well
>> designed.

An interesting question. Here are some observations.

You can find your icons, which should be in something like
/usr/share/scribus.... and down in to find the icons folder.
Any icons can be resized and will then be displayed at the resized size.
Unfortunately, you have to resize them individually.
The good part may be that you might only need to resize the ones where
resizing is "needed" for some functional reason. There are, of course,
keyboard and menu workarounds for any function you will find on the toolbar.