[scribus-dev] Scribus file format

Tom Lechner lechner at aceweb.com
Thu Apr 23 03:52:49 CEST 2009

I hope this is the right mailing list to post this to!

In the course of trying to make a Scribus file importer/exporter for my
program Laidout (laidout.org), I noticed the current "stable" file
format is not documented sufficiently (I was particularly interested in
PageSets, whose implementation in Scribus still confuses me). So I made
an html table builder to create something akin to the old 1.2 format at
in docs.scribus.net.

The builder program is meant to take a much easier to edit and
understand input file and output an html file. This perl program is
here:
http://laidout.org/scribus/build-format-table.txt  (rename as .pl!)

A sample input file is here:
http://laidout.org/scribus/Scribus-1.3.3.12-fileformat.att

And a sample output html is here:
http://laidout.org/scribus/Scribus-1.3.3.12-fileformat.html

What is the best way to get something like this totally documented, and
on the Scribus site? (I just sent off a request for a scribus wiki
account, as per wiki instructions)

Tom Lechner