[scribus-dev] Plans for 1.3.6

Andreas Vox avox at arcor.de
Sat Sep 27 16:04:59 CEST 2008

Am 27.09.2008 um 15:23 schrieb Christoph Schäfer:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently writing an article about Scribus 1.3.5 and beyond.
> For that purpose I'm very interested about individual developers'
> goals for 1.3.6. I know some Craig's and Jean's plans, but no details.
>
> If anyone has a specific set of goals that's going to be achieved
> during the 1.3.6 development cycle, it would be great if I received
> a list in a personal email.

Textframes:
- work with Pierre to integrate Harfbuzz
- integrate a complex script shaper, probably in cooperation with
Rajeev Sebastian
- prepare textframes for external XML
- provide scripter bindings for more textframe features

Styles:
- extend style system to other types of styles (object styles, line
styles)
- clean up style manager / properties palette (I guess that's where
everyone should help out)

Fonts:
- maybe include customizable and virtual fonts

Canvas:
- clean up canvas code

At the end of 1.3.6, the work I started with 1.3.4 should be stable
and presented by a finished GUI.
I guess Pierre will state his goals resp. OpenType font features.

After 1.3.6:

- store text content as external XML+CSS
- paragraph layouter
- tables in textframes