[scribus-dev] Scribus e.V.

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:20:15 CEST 2008

2008/9/11 Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>

[…]

> Louis, yes, I agree, although I think we need to remove voting rights or
> similar.

Absolutely. We don't want a company to take over or to have simply the
possibility to take over.

Another tought is the Status are one thing and they define the "frame" of
the association. The Rules can be more specific, enter into details, and can
address such issues as the membership, for instance. I see that more or less
like the Law and the Regulations. I understand that changing the Status is
always possible but we have to refer to the legal authority, while the Rules
can be discussed and defined among the members. If I understand well, my
take is we should leave as much room as we can to the members, and keep the
tight frame according to law but not more than that. By the way, all I read
here in that document seems to be pretty much that. So it's not that I
disagree in some way. :)

Louis