[scribus-dev] possible fix for #7369

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Sun Sep 7 21:46:44 CEST 2008

Vous (Andreas Vox) avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> the attached patch appears to fix the problem.
> Apparently our iteration with FT_Get_First_Char/FT_Get_Next_Char does
> not find all glyphs if the type1 fond has alternatives. What's more,
> FT_Get_Char_Index returns glyph indices which are skipped by
> FT_Get_Next_Char!
>
> /Andreas

I’ve had the idea that if FT was bad at synthetize a Unicode charmap, it would
be a good idea to use the native charmap (means, the one actually present in
the font). So it was a matter of modifying setBestEncoding function. It was
late & I was tired so it happened that I found the code of setBestEncoding
over complicated & confusing. I went to rewrite it way simpler in order to
fit in my little head :-) It worked, and at least fixed the issue (#7369).
Now, I don’t know if it covers all needs, etc. Let see (not a diff since
there’s nothing left of the actual function):
http://pastebin.ca/1196074

--
Pierre Marchand
http://www.oep-h.com