[scribus-dev] Is it possible to make port to Syllable?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Oct 5 13:47:03 CEST 2008

Rohan wrote:
> I have one question. Most probably I will get negative answer. Is it possible to make port of scribus to Syllable? I inderstand that it would need a lot of work with rewriting it to native Syllable API, which is even so reach, but it's another API ...

If there is a Qt4 port for Syllable, it might not be too bad a job.

If there is no Qt4 port for Syllable, no chance, Scribus is written
around Qt and uses it for everything including many internal data
structures. You could potentially fork and rewrite it, but rewrite would
be the word.

Note that not everybody knows what Syllable OS even is. I had to look it
up to figure out what you were talking about; it might help to include a
pointer.

A quick search does not reveal a Qt4 port to syllable, but that's only
20 seconds on google...

--
Craig Ringer