[scribus-dev] New palette paradigm (TM)

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Oct 4 16:45:30 CEST 2008

> hi all,
>
> I just committed (135svn) the fixes and cleanup of "Insert Glyph". Revision
> 12622.

Thanks heaps!

> Let's discuss it now:
>
> it splits the palette into 2 smaller pieces. The "quick insert one"
> (originally the small one) and the "enhanced" (originally the expanded
> widget one). When is user requesting Insert Glyph, only the Quick Palette
> is opened only. The Enhanced is constructed (not cached) only on demand
> (button click).
>
> Pros: scribus start is reduced by seconds; some docs changes are faster
> now; both palettes are behaving correctly as there are no widget juggling
> (show/resize/hide/try-to-resize) with ugly results.
>
> Cons: Enhanced palette requires some time to be fully functional.
>
> And now to the main idea:
>
> What about to split the Style Palette into 2 palettes too? I'm quite
> unsatisfied with its automagical resizing etc.

I fully agree. Actually, I sent a suggestion like this to all developers and some interested guys some time ago. Please find them attached to this email.

Note that SM-small is the equivalent of the Quick Palette. It's only purpose is to administer styles. To edit any style, a double-click on a style would be required, just like in OO.o (except that it still seems to be impossible to dock dialogs in 1.3.5+).

Cheers

Christoph
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx