[scribus-dev] ScribusOTF

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Thu Jun 19 14:48:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Out of patience, I finally did it !
I’ve created the ScribusOTF branch where I’m going to experiment OpenType
support in Scribus. I won’t apply the patch I’ve done before, it means OTF
support won’t be available right now. I will rather rewrite a layout method
first that will let the actual one intact and allow users to get their
documents unchanged. Then, by means of a PageItem property, we’ll be able to
switch between layout process. Doing so, I hope that Andreas could work on
the same branch to implement his new ideas about the text layout engine.,
taking advantage of new "services" offered by ScFace.

It’s just a copy of Trunk at rev12278 for now but expect changes soon.

For users:
svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/branches/ScribusOTF ScribusOTF

Dear teammates, don’t hesitate to screw up this branch, it’s highly
experimental and likely will never be merge as is :)

--
Pierre Marchand
http://www.oep-h.com