[scribus-dev] Editable Master Pages

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Aug 7 18:41:43 CEST 2008

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2008/8/7 "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
> <mailto:christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>>
>

>     There's nothing more we need to address.
>

> Disagree. Please read below. Plus, I think that this approach to the
> discussion is closing it and I personnally have a problem with this.
> How can you say there's nothing more to address while it is obvious
> there is more to address from the discussion? So, not only do I
> disagree with the idea you express here, but also with the way you
> express it.
>
> Frankly, it really takes away the fun of this discussion and I am
> sorry to insist on that but I think at some point someone has to say
> that. That might be your way, but I dislike it to a point that I am
> going to retire from this discussion if you pursue in that direction.
> You should learn to listen, that is the least I can tell you now. When
> someone is ready to propose something, he must be ready to hear what
> the others have to say.
Without going into a blow-by-blow discussion, let me say that I agree
with Louis. My sense of this is that we finally have some good ideas
coming forward, but probably not the definitive ones. As I read the
comments from both Louis and Andreas, I am beginning to understand some
things much  better,  and I think these are essential points of view -
the programmer and the end-user in a commercial/professional environment.

We clearly need to reduce much of the rigidity of MPs, so that changing
one's mind about a layout doesn't end up being a lot of undoing and
redoing of time-consuming work. I think it's also clear this is not just
a matter of tacking on a bunch of new functions to MPs.

I also found Alex's table in the wiki a big help in putting the
discussion (so far) in context.