[scribus-dev] Label Templates

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Aug 2 16:48:03 CEST 2008

Hi I already sent this email to the dev list some time ago, but looking at the archive, it doesn't seem to have arrived.

 I finally found a way to easily (more or less) create business card and label templates via OO.o. It's still a lot of manual work, but I think I could produce a complete set (Avery A4, Avery A4 Asia, Avery Letter Size, Avery Zweckform, Herlitz, Herma A4, Herma A5, Herma endlos, Leitz and Sigel) with, I suppose, more than 200 templates. I could also create the XML file for the template browser. Upside: lots of feature requests less. Downside: ~ 10 MB extra size (uncompressed) for the Scribus package. If we could find a way to install them easily after the basic Scribus install, that could be an alternative.

Note that it would only work for 1.3.5+.

What do you think?

Christoph